Pathfinders are seperated into different class groups based on the school grade of the child. One class is completed each year.
These classes are:
|Level 1||Friend||Grade 5|
|Level 2||Explorer||Grade 7|
|Level 3||Voyager||Grade 9|
|Master Guide||Grade 11|
Unit or class leaders are responsible for:
- Knowing who is in your group and where they are at all times, and ensuring they know who to talk to if they have a question or other issues arise
- Liaising between the camp coordinator and your unit, and attend leaders briefings on camp
- Arranging alternative supervision of your unit if you are not available for any period of time
- Gathering your unit together at meal times and ensuring each pathfinder has eaten properly, knows how to prepare their meals, cleans up, operates their cookers safely, etc
- Ensuring your unit applies sunscreen and hats, drinks enough water, wears suitable clothing for the activities planned, and other safety precautions as required
- Calling your unit together every evening for debrief and prayer time before bed
- Supervise and support junior or other counsellors if they are caring for your unit.
- Facilitating a happy experience for the pathfinders by engaging with them, encouraging group bonding and appropriate friendships, to address any anxieties, tensions or conflicts, etc.
- Engaging in all activities with your unit unless needed elsewhere
- Liaising directly with parents of your pathfinders as needed
- Recruiting the parents of your pathfinders into your unit activities during camps as appropriate